Running for five successful years, Global Restaurant Investment Forum (GRIF) is a three day annual restaurant investment event featuring an unmissable industry conference, mouth-watering culinary tours and some of the most valuable networking receptions offered at an industry event!
GRIF offers a valuable business opportunity to investors, owners, franchisers and other senior professionals from the global restaurant space to connect and discuss prospects of growth within the industry.
Here are some key insights presented on the 3rd September at the GRIF Dubai industry briefing.
A snapshot of global foodservice trends and industry performance
A snapshot of global foodservice trends and industry performance as tracked by the NPD Group across the world and lessons for the UAE.
Muhammad Ali Syed, Principal, Mingora Consult
Addressing a challenging market
What does the current F&B landscape look like in the UAE, what are the main difficulties and how can they be overcome?
Ronald Huiskamp Owner, H-Hospitality
Highlights of upcoming GRIF events:
1 OCT 2018 / CULINARY TOUR NAIROBI
Journey through the most delectable restaurants of Nairobi: Le Grenier à Pain KE, Nyama Mama KE, Java House Africa, Seven Seafood & Grill and Mercado – Mexican Kitchen and Bar… as you explore the city with hospitality decision makers. Learn, eat, drink and have a wonderful time!
- Kiran Jethwa, Executive Head Chef & Co-Owner, Seven Seafood & Grill
- Dil Patel, Director, JIT Group & Owner, Mercado
- Jigar Patel, Director, JIT Group & Owner, Mercado
- Lesiamon Sempele, Executive Chef, Nyama Mama Delta
- Jayesh Shanghavi, Director, The Good Earth Group
- Ninaa Shanghavi, Director, The Good Earth Group
- Paul Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Java House Africa
- Yan Welffens, Managing Director, Le Grenier a Pain Kenya
28-29 NOV 2018 / CONFERENCE RIYADH
GRIF’s Riyadh conference takes place in the rapidly transforming epicenter of the Middle East. As the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia revamps its socio-economic policies, it is opening doors to untapped opportunities for the world of restaurants and hospitality.
The conference will be co-located with SAUDI HORECA 2018, The Saudi International Food, Beverage & Hospitality Exhibition – the Kingdom’s largest annual hospitality expo.
- Prince Alwaleed Bin Nassir, President, Saudi Arabia Restaurants Association and President, Restaurants Committee, Riyadh Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Jochen Pinsker, SVP Foodservice Europe, NPD Group
- Samer Al Kawashki, CEO, Qoot
- Simon Wright, C.O.O, Qoot & MD, TGP
- David Singleton, Area Vice President, Franchise Operations & Development, EMEA/South Asia, Hard Rock Cafe International
- Dan Clayton, Director, PPS Addison Hospitality
- James Hacon, Managing Director, THINK Hospitality
GRIF – Global Restaurant Investment Forum Riyadh, 27-28 November 2018
AviaDev Europe Valencia, 3-5 December 2018
SHIC – Saudi Hotel Investment Conference Riyadh, 23 January 2019